63 years ago today, a Nazi exhibition called "Der ewige Jude" ("The Eternal Jew") was opened. I can't find any information on Wikipedia about the exhibition, but there's a "documentary" with the same name.
The way I pick these subjects, by the way, is to wander Wikipedia semi-aimlessly until I find something that catches my eye. Today it was this; anti-Jewish propaganda from before WWII. I realize that's not a very cheerful subject, but it was what caught my eye (and I do think that it's an important piece of history to be aware of).
If you are angered or offended by my choice of historical subject today, please let me know. I will also provide a full refund at the exit.
For those of you who also think it's an important piece of history to be aware of, and who are interested in learning more: here's a set of still images from the movie, and here's the movie itself.
Today I realized some long-standing plans to get Druid to work.
It's been one of the victims of serious improvements to Rakudo (which, as you'll recall, got a new grammar engine going from
ng). Druid was designed with an eye to OO class hierarchies, and even had a few regexes as public attributes. That trick no longer worked.
Well, it did work, if one but added
our scoping to those attributes. Except that the regexes insisted on calling each other, and that didn't work. Actually, never mind. The details are complicated and don't matter. I fixed it. Here's the fix.
Current status: all the tests run again! There's one undefinedness warning in there somewhere waiting to be explored. Now that we have Working Code and Passing Tests, I'm sure there are a number of refactorings that could be made, including (but not limited to) the tip Tene++ gave me.
As an extra bonus, the
druid script runs! At least to the point where it draws the game board. And it does this with a slow kind of grace. I don't remember it being that slow before. Actually, it looks unacceptably slow.
Tomorrow, I might get around to figuring out why.