- So, Ceiling Cat comeded down an saw teh men an ther towerz. Den Ceiling Cat sez "Oh noes, if they all togethr after mah hi spot, they gonna get mah hi spot! I gots'ta confuzzle 'em and stop 'em!" Dat's wai Ceiling Cat pwned 'em an dragd 'em away from ther towerz. Dey stop buldin' after dat. So teh towerz wuz calld Babel cuz Ceiling Cat made teh men babbul ther befor movin' dem. — Genesis 11:5-9
Yet another week of distraction, it turns out. Also, it's late when I start putting this post together, so I'll be brief. For once.
- I have made some insignificant work on the Druid web app. I believe that this one is low-hanging fruit, because we already have an SVG module (two, in fact), and putting it to work with drawing a board would be a nice use-case. I had a head-scratching half hour of trying to figure out why the SVG wouldn't show up in the browser. After explaining the problem to mberends++ and having him test it, though, everything just worked. Typical. :)
- Ilya unfortunately had to back out of the rest of his Web.pm grant work, due to pressing external circumstances. We'll miss him, but Tene++ and I will keep churning away on the Web.pm grant, mapping his remaining 9 weeks to fall after my 11. Stay tuned for weeks 12-20, with some heavy MVC framework action.
- Due to this, I'll need to read up on MVC frameworks a bit. Will probably post about that too in the next few weeks, parallel to the Web.pm updates.
- I finally sat down and wrote those Hitomi tests I'd been planning to write. That in itself raised a number of new questions, which I hope to address when I start implementation/porting next week.
I wish to thank The Perl Foundation for sponsoring the Web.pm effort.