Two major things have happened during the week: first off, pmichaud++ implemented precompiled modules for Rakudo, i.e. when including a module through the
use keyword, Rakudo now looks first for
Module.pir before falling back to the usual
We made use of this, precompiling all our modules, even moving the main wiki code into its own module
Wiki.pm so we could precompile it, too. The resulting speedup in a "view page" request was 17-fold: instead of 23 seconds, it now takes 1.3 seconds!
The second major thing was that we got November running on feather, the dedicated development server of the Perl 6 community. We also got our own domain name, november-wiki.org, to match.
That's Perl 6 you see running there.
Kudos to (Frederik Schwarzer)++ and moritz++ for submitting patches to the project! And kudos also to jhorwitz++, who is looking into making November and mod_perl6 work together.