Collecting comments here. These are not all the comments, only a selection according to some unspecified criterion. This list is just as much for my future refernce as it is for people who don't read the IRC logs as if it were the morning news.
I feel like a lawyer saying this, but don't take my blogging a comment collection as an implicit promise that I'll keep up that habit for the rest of these posts. The posts themselves are the core thing.
These comments pertain to this post.
- Ven: "I know how to catch you. How do I get a parameterless macro?"
- TimToady: "This seems very sideways from all our earlier discussions of macros. Possibly useful sugar, but far from general."
- PerlJam: "Though I'm not liking your proposed thing too much, I think it's elucidated that such a thing would be useful."
- pmurias: "We want to have two types of macros. Those that do stuff at compile time (and maybe generate code) and those that do stuff at runtime."
- pmurias: "I feel there might be a conflict between elegance for simple things that aren't of much use and the things that we really need. The real world examples section in the blog post demonstrates what I fear."